June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Mar 2, 2006

Univited Guest

Bible passage: Luke 7:37-39

When a woman who had lived a sinful life in that town learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee's house, she brought an alabaster jar of perfume, and as she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them. When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is--that she is a sinner.".....

My Thoughts

How hard is it to go to a party when you weren’t invited and you know you were not wanted? If you happen to be bold enough to go to the party are you bold enough to walk up and monopolize the attention of the guest of honor? Well when we want something badly enough we have to be willing to do the unexpected.

The woman with the alabaster box wanted something from Jesus. She knew that something was missing in her life and she knew Jesus was the only one who could fill it. So she ignored the jeers and sneers of the crowd and went straight to Jesus.

This woman is someone I want to emulate. I want to be so focused on Jesus until I don’t even notice when others have a negative attitude towards me. I want to be so focused on him that my every thought is to please him in everything I do. I want his presence to fill me overshadow me, empower and mold me into his image. I want to be more like him everyday. I want when others look at me they see Christ in me.

2002

No comments:

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008