June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Sep 15, 2009

Spotlight on Miss Racquel Rose

The superpower I would like to have would probably be invisibility. It would be really fun to sneak up on people and scare them sometimes, and it would be handy when you want to hide from someone .

This humorous response to my silly question shows the mischievous, fun side of this issue’s Spotlight Teen, fourteen year old Miss Racquel Rose.

Racquel is a tenth grader at Sunland Baptist Academy. She is a friendly, highly motivated and disciplined student who always strives to do her very best. This exceptional teen finished off her ninth grade year with seven B.J.C’s with 6 A’s and 1 B and a GPA of 3.82. (Way to go Racquel!)


In addition to doing extremely well academically Racquel also finds time for extracurricular activities. She takes piano classes, and is in her school’s Hand bell Choir. She is also in the Anchor Club of Lucaya, and plans to join GGYA (Governor General Youth Awards.) Racquel also enjoys acting and was in her school’s play “Once on this Island.”

This studious teen is excited about her tenth grade year and her plans for the future. Her goal is to become a pediatrician when she grows up. One of the reasons she chose this field is because she loves children and likes the idea of being able to help them to get well and in so doing make the world a better place.

What are your hobbies?
I like to play the piano and sing. I also love to write. I write a lot stories and poems when I feel like it. I also love to read books, because to me they’re like a door to a whole new world.

What was your favorite part of summer vacation?
I’d have to say going out, when I got to see my friends and people I know. It’s always fun to get out of the house sometimes.

What is your biggest pet peeve?
My biggest pet peeve is when cars drive by houses and schools and other public places with their windows down and their music blasting so loud that it’s disturbing.

What is the secret to your success in school?
The secret to my success is staying focused and determined to achieve the goals that I set for myself and being disciplined to make it happen.

What are your goals for this school year and how do you plan to achieve them?
My goal for this school year is to do better than I did last year. I want to get a higher G.P.A and be more focused on my work. I plan to achieve this by studying harder, being more focused and not putting friends over my work.

What advice would you give to young ladies who are struggling academically?
I would tell them to keep trying no matter what. If they really set their minds to do well, I’m pretty sure they can, with a little extra hard work, focus and determination. Also, they can take extra classes in subjects where they are weak, because they do help a lot too.

What advice have you received that you will always remember? (It can be from anyone)
The advice I will always remember was from my mother, when I was about six, she told me that “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”, and from then I’ve always practiced it.

What are some of your accomplishments that you are most proud of?
Well, I’m proud of my BJC results. I’m also proud of the scores I got on the music exam I took last year. I passed the practical and the theory part with a distinction and a merit.

Finish these sentences

I smile my biggest smile when I get my report card and see that I did as well as I wanted.


I get angry when I hear about or see people being unfairly treated or judged.

I often dream about being a successful doctor one day, marrying a nice husband with a good job, having two good kids and living in a nice house when I grow up.

God is an awesome God. He is caring, loving, merciful, great in all ways, fair, and compassionate, powerful and intelligent in ways that we can’t even understand.

The world would be a better place if more people would become Christians because then there would be less crimes and more happiness.

*BJC - Bahama Junior Certificate (usually taken in the ninth grade)

1 comment:

Denise said...

Nice interview.

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008