June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Dec 2, 2008

A Reason to Hope



The month of December brings for many a sense of anticipation, the anticipation of knowing that Christmas is only a few weeks away. Coupled with that anticipation is expectation because we know what usually comes with Christmas right…? Uh hmm, gifts, lots of gifts… and we all love to receive them. However, what about when Christmas doesn’t meet your expectations?


Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Psalm
42:5
For many, Christmas brings a sense of depression and hopelessness, especially when there is a lack of money to do the things we sometimes feel that Christmas is all about.

Some of your parents may have been affected by the recent job losses or reduced work week that we have seen in our country. Hence you may have already begun to experience a different type of Christmas season this year than you did last year. But my dear young lady whatever it may be that you are facing this Christmas season I want to give you a reason to hope.

Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Psalm
42:5-6

Do you still have the gifts you received last Christmas? You may not even remember what you received. This tells you that even though it feels good to receive gifts they don’t last forever. They are only temporary but, I offer you a gift that last forever… Jesus Christ.

10 But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great
joy that will be for all the people. 11Today in the town of David a Savior has
been born to you; he is Christ[ the Lord. Luke 2:10:11
Your parents may be worrying about making this Christmas a good one for you with little money to work with. Why don’t you take this opportunity to let them know that it’s okay if they can’t afford to get you the gifts you really want this Christmas and see the worry disappear from their eyes?

That would be the best gift some of you can give to your parents. The gift of knowing that you won’t be disappointed or angry if there isn’t a whole lot of gifts with your name on it this year. After all, isn’t Christmas really about God’s gift to us? When life, family, friends, circumstances isn’t what you want it to be Jesus Christ will always be everything you need him to be.

No comments:

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008