June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Apr 9, 2006

Why Worry?

"I've already spent$1,200.00 on my ticket and it's non refundable! I can't afford to lose that kind of money! I should have gotten it by now, what am I going to do if it doesn't reach on time?"

This was me a few years ago when I was preparing for a trip to Germany. I had already bought my ticket and was waiting for the special visa I needed to go there. As the time for the trip drew nearer I got more and more worried because my passport with the special visa that would allow me to travel to Germany had not reached yet. In fact I wasn't sure I had been granted the visa.

Finally after waiting as long as I dared I called the UPS office to see if a package was there for me. Guess what? The package with my passport and visa had been there for three days. However, due to some error they had not called me. So for three days I had worried unnecessarily over something that God had already taken care off.

Isn't it amazing how often we do that? We get ourselves all upset and anxious over situations that we can't change by worrying anyway. So instead of worrying over things we can't do anything about why don't we simply trust God. He's the answer to everything, even the things we worry about.

No comments:

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008