June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Sep 11, 2006

My 9-11 Poem

Today I Remember


Today I remember,
What seems like yesterday.
A day of pain and despair,
That seemed too hard to bear.

I remember seeing grown men cry
While terrified people ran wildly by.
I remember grief stricken people holding signs
Hoping their loved ones they would find.

Today I remember
What seems like yesterday
A day when the whole world felt the pain
Of a single act of hate.

I remember with a sadden tearful heart,
Seeing desperate people jump,
From rapidly burning buildings,
With no hope of surviving the plunge

Today I remember
What seems like yesterday
A day when the whole world
Got down on its knees and prayed.

I remember that for a moment
No one was a stranger, we all became one,
United, together, sister, brother, friend
No one stood alone

Today I remember,
But I will not cry
God is in complete control
And He is on our side.

by Bernadine J. McIntosh
Written September 11, 2002

1 comment:

Ms. Kathleen said...

What a beautiful poem. Thank you so much!

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008