June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Feb 13, 2007

The Beauty of Innocence... Forming Friendships


“This was the bestest day ever!

These spontaneous words came from my eight-year-old niece after I’d taken her and an eight-year-old cousin out for the day. The two of them had met briefly before but had never spent anytime together until that day. However by the end of the day they were fast friends.

I wondered what it was that cause children to form friendships so quickly. Then it came to me; it’s their innocence. When children meet each other they are not thinking, “Is she trustworthy? Does she talk a lot? Is she honest…? Or the many other thoughts that come to mind when we form friendships as teens and adults. They simply think, “you’re nice, fun etc. I like you, let’s be friends.

Children are also quick to forgive. I had to brake up a few little squabbles between my niece and cousin during the day but within five minutes they were friends again.

I have found some of the most beautiful expressions of innocence as I watch children develop friendships. Children in their innocence bring friendship down to the simplest form. Is it any wonder Jesus said in his word, "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven? Matt 18:3 NIV

For more thoughts on this week's Carnival of Beauty topic visit Bethany at A Picturesque Life.
Visit Sallie at A Gracious Home

1 comment:

Keziah said...

Sounds like you had a fun day! It would be great to return to the trusting and honesty we had as children. Now we hide our emotions for worry of seeming too eager or overbearing, probably to the detriment of relationships and friendships.

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008