June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Jun 17, 2007

A peek into my journal



For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?
But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently
Romans 8:24-25


On Sunday I talked to my Sunday school class on the subject of communication. We talked a lot about teens and parents communicating with each other. However, no matter what I said I could not get my class to believe that they could have good communication with their parents if they'd put a little effort into it. Without exception all of my students (about ten) said they did not believe it could happen. My word to them was, unless you change your talk it will not happen because you have already closed your mind to the possibility that it can happen.

So many times I do the same thing. When God promises me something, close my mind to the possibility that it can happen for me. However not any more, I choose to live with the belief that those things I hope for but cannot see will come to pass.

March 9, 2005

1 comment:

eph2810 said...

Amen to that, Bernadine.
I do hope that some that I communicate to my Lord will come to pass this side of heaven.
Thank you for sharing.

Be blessed today and always.

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008