June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Sep 15, 2007

The Courtroom

Reluctantly, fearfully, trembling,
I stood within the courtroom
With head bowed and shoulders slumped
With shame I stood.

My crimes were read one by one
I knew I was guilty of everyone
As I waited for the verdict
A single tear rolled down my cheek

I knew within myself
There was no hope for me.
I did not deserve forgiveness
For the things that I had done.
If I could not forgive myself
How could anyone?

Another tear rolled down my cheek
As I saw a juror stand
We find the defendant guilty he said,
On every count

I waited fearfully for my sentence
I dared no raise my head
Though I thought the situation hopeless
Still I offered up a prayer

As I stood there with shoulders slumped
And cheeks stained with tears
I heard my attorney say
Guilty but forgiven, Your Honor,
You’ve got to set her free

On that note I raised my head
And stood in shock and disbelief
As the shackles that bound me
Were instantly released

I screamed and shouted and praised the Lord
As tears streamed down my cheeks
Jesus delivered just as he promised
Against all odds He set me free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. Against all odds He set me free... Amen... Amen.... Amen.

eph2810 said...

This is a beautiful poem, Bernadine. God truly has gifted you with poetry. Thank you for sharing it.

Blessings to you and yours.

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008