June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Oct 1, 2007

Today I'll Smile...


I made it one full year without you Mommy,
As you always said I could
Because you taught me to be strong, trust Jesus, never give up
So I’m sending you this letter by angelic messenger,
To let you know I'm still safe in his care
The tears still flow sometimes, but I know you’d say, "that’s okay"
Because you trust Jesus to enfold me in his arms
And remind me that you’re in a better place
So my darling mommy I’ll say again, goodbye
And I promise that today will not be spent in tears
Today I’ll smile as I think of you, and just how special you were
And how blessed I am to have been touched by your love

Always,
Your baby girl

2 comments:

Denise said...

Bless your precious heart.

eph2810 said...

Bernadine - what a sweet tribute to your beloved mom. I know that she wants you smiling.
Sometimes I get still sad thinking of my dad, but you know -- I'll see him again, as you will see your mom. The feast will be great :)

(((hugs)))

and blessings to you, my friend.

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008