June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Sep 11, 2008

Achieving your Dream


A dream is a wish your heart makes… have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through…,” sang Cinderella in the Walt Disney classic.

For most of us “girls” you don’t have to tell us twice. We love to dream about the future and what we think it should hold. The question is, how do we get beyond the dreaming and believing stage?

As many of you long time Girl Talk readers know I am an avid believer in the importance of having a dream. However, simply having a dream is not enough.

Believing in your dream is not enough.

By now you’re probably wondering, “What’s the point in having a dream?” Well, keep reading…

Achieving your dream is the ultimate goal but how do you get there? There are many steps between having, believing and achieving. There may be many different variations depending on who you talk to but here are a few I found useful.

Think about it often. Work your dream out in your mind. Think about exactly what you want to accomplish.

Talk about it. Dreams seem more real, more achievable when we share them with people we trust. Many times they encourage us to hold onto our dreams and not give up before we achieve them.

Plan for it. How are you going to accomplish this dream? What do you need to do to achieve it? Make a plan, write it down and refer to it often.

Act on it. Begin working your plans, doing those things necessary to help you to achieve your dream.

Finally, pray about it. Every step of the way, remember the most instrumental thing in helping you to achieve your dream, prayer.

Matthew 19:26 says “…but with God all things are possible." Therefore, talk to Him about your dreams and goals for the future. He wants to see you achieve them and He will give you the wisdom you need bring your dreams into reality.

Girl Talk Sept/Nov '08

4 comments:

Aunt Angie said...

Bernadine---I loved this. I remember growing up--I was a dreamer...and a writer of words...and I dream of being a writer...does writing devotions on a blog count???

I love the LORD and my dream....goal is to be ALL I can be for HIM. This post was very encouraging!
HOw are you fairing in the weather???

Denise said...

I really enjoyed this sweetie. Such great advice, love you.

Denise said...

Come by my blog, there are two awards for you.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Yes, yes, and more yes! I am a born dreamer. And all of your advice is key. I believe in writing it down, envisioning it, sharing the dream, planning and acting and praying for it. Great post!!

And thank you for sharing your heart on my Laced with Grace devo this week. It's so good to know I am not the only one who battles with a servant's heart.

Have a glorious week! Dream on..
Tiffany

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008