June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Sep 16, 2008

Back to School

A Mother's Advice
By Cleora Williams

As a mother of two daughters (one a teenager), I try to give what I feel is practical advice. I am always mindful of the fact that parents, (mothers) are not always right (and all teenage girls say…..) and so every now and then I would welcome some response from readers who disagree or even those who agree with me. It would be all worth it to know that even the smallest bit of advice in the articles is making a difference. So ladies please let me hear from you.

With that said, once again a new school year has begun. As you begin the new school year, I cannot emphasize enough the need to study. I’m certain that each young lady is in a different place academically, so I encourage each of you to make every effort to maintain or improve your academic standard. Remember each new school year takes you closer to your ultimate career goal. So remember ladies. STUDY, STUDY, STUDY

Secondly, as you begin your new school year, do not focus solely on your outward appearance (I must say that you look great), but be mindful ladies that your inside should be as gorgeous as your outside. By this I mean that you should have a good attitude towards your school work, your classmates and of course your teachers. Remember the beauty within.

Finally, as a parent I want you to respect and care for your environment. I heard an education official asking parents to tell their children about respecting school property, as each year there were such costly repairs. So to reiterate, I say to you ladies remember that you spend six hours a day, five days a week in school so I am certain you want you surroundings to be as clean and comfortable as possible. How about this, you be that good example by keeping your surroundings clean. Further, I would say ladies respect yourselves, your fellow classmates, your teachers and of course your environment.

As always young ladies, I remind you of your worth. God’s word in Ephesians 2:10 states – “for we are His (Gods) workmanship, created in Christ Jesus. And then in Psalm 139:14 it says I will praise thee: for I am wonderfully made. Remember ladies you are priceless originals who cannot be purchased.

God bless you all.

Girl Talk Magazine
Sept/Nov '08

1 comment:

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like this blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is not good.
A hug from Portugal

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008