June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Dec 21, 2008

What are you grateful for?

Christmas Traditions... A Mother's Perspective
By Cleora Williams

What are you grateful for? This is a question I have asked my family, each Christmas morning, for the past eleven years before any gifts are opened. Initially I was met with resistance as each child was only interested in opening whatever presents bore their names under the tree. This however, is now a part of our family tradition. When we rise on Christmas morning instead of rushing to the Christmas tree and tearing into thepresents, we read the Christmas story, say what we are grateful for, pray and finally, exchange gifts.

My reason for doing the above ritual was and still is to instill in my children a sense of gratitude and thankfulness. Firstly, to God {who sent his son Jesus into the world}, secondly to family and friends and finally to include all others who have touched their lives positively.

We should be grateful each day, but this time of year more emphasis seems to be placed on being thankful, hence celebrating Thanksgiving, Christmas and the advent of a new year. Further because this time of year is so commercialized we need to remember that Jesus is the reason for the season and give thanks.

And so to all girltalk readers I ask you to reflect during this season as I ask you the question, “What are you grateful for?” There is a song that goes “count your blessings, name them one by one and it will surprise you what God has done”.

In my conclusion, I extend to each of you my girltalk readers warmest wishes for a blessed, safe and happy Christmas as we look for a beautiful year 2009.

Ladies always give thanks with a grateful heart. Remember your creator who has made you priceless and in his own image. You are wonderfully made: mind, body and spirit.

No comments:

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008