June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Mar 28, 2009

Walk of Faith

Dear Girls,

I’ve been thinking lately, (yes I do that sometimes:)). I’ve been thinking about you and your walk with God.

A few weeks ago I started writing the series “So I’m a Christian… Now what?”, and I haven’t completed that yet. I do plan to at some point. However, I don’t want my thoughts to seem too simplistic, as if this Christian walk really is piece of cake, because it’s not. There are days when it gets difficult. There are days when you question your faith, and in all honesty, there are days when God seems far away. But, he never promised that we would not experience difficult times in our lives. What he did promise was that He would be with us through them. Hence, those tough days are the days when your walk with God really becomes a walk of faith. When you can’t feel His presence but you know He’s there because He said in His word,

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
As a Christian you will experience different things in your life that sometimes shake your faith. Fortunately, just because it’s shaken doesn’t mean it’s lost. That’s why it’s important in the early days of your walk with God to develop a strong relationship with Him. Talk to Him, spend time in his word and get to know him. I can’t emphasize enough how important it is to really get to know the God you gave your heart to. The stronger your relationship is with him the less likely you are to turn away from him when you experience tough times.

Let’s be like David, one of my favorite biblical characters. When we’re discouraged or facing things in our lives that cause us distress, let’s find our strength in the Lord our God.

David was now in great danger because all his men were very bitter about losing their sons and daughters, and they began to talk of stoning him. But David found strength in the LORD his God.1 Samuel 30:6 (NIV). (emphasis mine)
As always girls, I want you to remember, that your heavenly father loves you with an everlasting love. He loves you so much you are engraved in the palm of His hand. There is nothing you can ever do that will change the way He feels about you. There is nothing that concerns you that does not concern Him. Talk to Him always. Don’t ever give up your relationship with Him. He is the friend that you always want in your corner.

1 comment:

eph2810 said...

Amen to that Bernadine. Yes, God never promised an easy life, just a redeemed life...which is the best promise that there can be :)

I think you would really enjoy the book "Facing Your Giants" by Max Lucado, especially since you like David :)

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008