June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Jun 13, 2010

A Mother's Perspective...Goodbye

by Cleora Williams


It was a Saturday afternoon about five years ago when Bernadine (GT’s founder) stopped by for a visit that actually lasted a few hours. While there she referred to an article in her latest issue of girltalk and asked, how I would feel if dropped my daughter off to an afternoon class and she went off with her boyfriend.

Mortified I replied “Mad” and I went off on quite a tangent as I expressed many emotions: Anger, disappointment, grief and disbelief. Maybe it’s because my daughter was only twelve at the time I could not fathom something like that. She (my daughter) spoke up and said “but Mummy I ain’t do nothing, why you rowing me?” Ms. Mcintosh, of course was quite tickled by my tirade and asked me write what I had just said. And so began my sojourn with girltalk, writing the column A Mother’s Perspective…

Each issue of girltalk that I contributed to, I tried to write an article that I believe could make a difference. At times I scolded, or gave advice and tried to get young ladies to think of relevant issues. But most of all I tried to remind young ladies of how precious they are to God.

And so as the final curtain falls for girltalk (for a while at least), I want to share some advice with you that I shared with Ms. Bernadine McIntosh when she graduated from high school.

“I know you thought it was not ever going to end, but it did. I have news for you young ladies, you have only just begun. Remember to always keep your eyes on God and he will lead you safely through everything. Stay sweet and always stay with God, he won’t leave you or forsake you, he’ll always be there no matter what time it is or what your problem is.

And so with this final issue of girltalk I want to express my sincere gratitude to Bernie (my cousin) for allowing me to express myself via her magazine. And to my girltalk audience I hope that I have deposited something positive into your life through at least one issue of girltalk.

Remember ladies you are fearfully and wonderfully made by God, you are precious to him; your price is far above rubies and you CANNOT be bought. I love you, Jesus loves you, do well be blessed.

Congratulations Lachanté on being one of the spotlight teens for this issue, and your graduation from Jack Hayward School; you have come a long was baby.

Kudos!!! Jack Hayward’s class of 2T10: Lachanté, Bria Comfy, Twinkie, April, Joineé and all the beautiful, well mannered ladies from Jack Hayward. Good luck to all the young ladies who are leaving high schools on the island.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I love you sweet friend.

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008