June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Jun 27, 2010

Never Let You Go Book Review

Book Description

Lexi lives in the shadow of choices her husband made. Especially Grant’s choice to leave seven years ago, without a word. Her relationship with their daughter, Molly, is now the most important thing in her life. Lexi will do anything—work grueling hours, attend church on her only day off, sacrifice financially—just to see Molly smile.

When Grant shows up declaring his intent to re-enter their daughter’s life, Lexi is skeptical of his motives. She soon determines not to let him near Molly. Then a drug dealer named Warden arrives on Lexi’s doorstep, demanding payment of Grant’s old debts.

But that's just the earthly perspective. Staggering supernatural events are spilling into her world in real and shocking ways. Hell's fury is great, but Heaven's power is greater still. In a novel that defies easy categorization, this has all the early buzz of the breakthrough read of 2010.

My Review…

I’m a lover of Christian fiction and I’m always on the lookout for new authors. This was my first time reading a book by Erin Healy and I enjoyed it. The fact that it had a plot somewhat revolving around spiritual warfare reminded me of some of Frank Peretti’s popular books. The book also has the theme of forgiveness woven through it reminding us that that we empower the enemy when we choose not to forgive. This book kept my attention from cover to cover and I wouldn’t mind reading more from this author.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Wow, great review my friend. You sold me, I really want to read this. I love you.

Unknown said...

Sounds like my kind of book! Thanks for the review!

Michelle said...

Hi Bernadine!

I've got a blog award for ya over at my site!

If you have received the award already, you can always just add my name to the contributors if you want!

Have a blessed Independence Day!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Sounds like a great read. Thanks so much for the review :)

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008