June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Nov 19, 2007

Reading because it's my duty

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Joshua 1:8

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15


As much as I love my Lord there are times when I just don’t feel like reading his word. I don’t feel like reading for the love of reading and I don’t feel like reading for inspiration. His word just sometimes for whatever reason doesn’t captivate me like it should. However it’s those times that I have to remind myself that it is my duty, to do so. So just like those days when I don’t feel like going to work but I force myself because of duty so do I with the word of God. I’ve learned over the years that as I go against what I’m feeling in my mind and do what God expects from me anyway that I often come away feeling refreshed, renewed and inspired by something that he allowed me to see in his word.


I posted this poem before however, I thought it fit with this post although it's not actually about Bible reading.

Sometimes

Sometimes I enter your house Lord
And it’s not where I want to be
I don’t feel like lifting my hands
Or singing praises to your name

I don’t want to hear the preacher
Preach a message about God’s grace
I want the service to be over
So I can be on my way

But as I sit in the sanctuary
And I begin to meditate
I think about all you’ve done
And how you saved me by your grace

And as I think about you Lord
The tears begin to slowly fall
As the iciness within my heart
Begin to melt from your son’s warmth

So I slip my hand to heaven
And begin to praise your holy name
Because Lord I do realize
This you do require of me

You want me to praise you
When I feel like and when I don’t
To deny the natural man
And tune in to only you

As I tune into your frequency
You begin to speak to me
You let me know that you are pleased
With my sacrificial praise

By the time I leave the service
My attitude is totally changed
And I wonder within myself
“why didn’t I want to praise God’s name?

1 comment:

Denise said...

Beautiful post dear, thanks for the birthday wishes. I love you.

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008