June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Jan 15, 2007

New Year, New Me

New Year, new me… I’m going to lose ten pounds, I’m going to save more money, I’m going to do better in school, I’m going to read through the Bible, I’m going to be a better person…

What is it about a new year that has people making promises they will in all likelihood not keep? When I was younger every year I made several New Year’s resolutions. Unfortunately, by the time January was finished so was my commitment to my resolutions. Finally, after many years of failing to keep my resolutions I came to the realization that there was nothing magical about a New Year that would make me stick to them. I still had to follow through.

Do you see a need to make changes in your life in this year? Ask yourself, “what do I need to change and how do I go about it?” Then, just do it. If you fail at first, don’t give up. Just get back on track and keep going.

When you make a change in your life there may be people around you who won’t accept the new you. If you were the student who was always giving the teachers a hard time and you decide to become a model student their eyes may be on you waiting for you to go back to your old disruptive behavior. If you suddenly begin getting A’s and B’s after getting C’s and D’s there may be those who try to discount your hard work by saying you cheated. If you had a bad reputation there may be those who constantly remind you about it. They may say you can’t keep it up and watch you every moment waiting for you to show signs of the old you.

However, if you see a genuine need for a positive change in your life, don’t worry about what others think. You have to know within yourself that it’s not about them and what they think it’s about how you think about yourself.

Also, remember that the most important change you can make in your life is to allow God to take control and mold you into the type of person he wants you to be.

No comments:

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008