June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Mar 2, 2006

Happiness is a Choice

Bible verse: Why art thou cast down oh my soul? And why art thou disquieted in me? Hope thou in God for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance. Psalms 42:5

We have a choice in everything we do. As complex as our emotions may seem sometimes, we have a choice in them also. We have a choice in whether to be happy or sad, downcast or uplifted. David himself felt depressed and downcast however, he spoke to himself. He encouraged himself. He told his soul to hope in God. David chose to be happy. Although everything may not go the way I want it to go today I have a choice in how I feel about it. Today, no matter what comes my way, I choose to be happy.

February 24, 2002

No comments:

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008