June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Mar 6, 2006

Lessons from the Road

Posted by Picasa

Bump, bump, bump, jerk, screech.... Today as I took my weekly sixty plus miles ride to church I tried to take a little nap. However I was unable to because the road is under construction. The road is being worked on in sections hence there some parts that are smooth and some parts are riddled with pot holes. So unfortunately for me, every time I made myself as comfortable as I could on a crowded church bus I'd feel a bump and jerk forward in my seat. This was my cue that the next few minutes was going to be a bumpy ride.

I could have gotten grumpy because I couldn't enjoy my nap but I didn't. I endured the rough parts because I knew that in a few minutes I'd be enjoying a smooth ride and ultimately it would all be smooth sailing.

As I was on a particularly rough patch, (since I couldn't sleep) I thought about life. Just like the road I was traveling on life has parts that are smooth and parts that are rough. Unfortunately, sometimes I get so caught up in grouching and complaining over the bad times that I forget to enjoy and thank God for the good time. In fact sometimes I'm tempted to spend most of the good times anticipating the bad times. However, today my journey to church really taught me a lesson about life.

So during the course of this week I encourage you to think about the goodness of God and all he's done for you and thank him for it. Also, if you're going through a rough time, remember the words of Yolanda Adams, this too shall pass.

Yolanda Adams -

In the middle of the turbulence surrounding you
These trying times that are so hard to endure
In the middle of what seems to beyour darkest hour
Hold fast your heart and be assured

THIS TOO SHALL PASS
Like every night that's come before it
He'll never give you more than you can bear
This too shall pass So in this thought be comforted
It's in His Hands

Ecclesiastes 3:1,4 (New International Version)

1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,

No comments:

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008