June 1, 2010 I published the last issue (at least for a while) of Girl Talk my teen girl magazine. Since this blog was originally designed for the purpose of publishing weekly devotions for the magazine and later the magazine itself I decided to create another blog that isn’t connected to Girl Talk.

I’ll probably still publish book reviews or other items here now and again but you’ll more often find me at Trusting Him with Today. I hope you’ll stop by



Mar 2, 2006

The Joy of the Lord is my Strength

Bible Passage: Psalm 28 7-8 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. 8 The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.


I’ve felt such a sense of spiritual joy lately. I haven’t felt this way in a long time. I know that God is doing something in my life and I just want to thank him. Today, I feel like David must have felt when he wrote that Psalms. God has heard my cry for mercy, he has delivered me from my feelings of depression and self doubt. Today, it simply isn't enough to just say it but I want to express it in a poem to Him, Jehovah, My Song.

Jehovah My Song

Jehovah you are my song
You’re the reason I belong
You’re the reason why my life
Is no longer filled with anger and strife

Jehovah, you are my song
You’re the reason I go on
Life had ceased to have meaning to me
When you stepped in and made me complete

Jehovah you are my song
You’re the reason I belong
Your arms have become a refuge for me
A place of safety, joy and peace

My Lord Jehovah, you are my song
You’re the reason I am strong
When I think of your goodness and grace
I just want to stand up and say…

Oh Jehovah you are my song
You’re the reason I belong
The reason I go on
You’re the reason I am strong

You’ve brought meaning to my life
You’ve become my one great choice
One I’ll cherish all my life
Oh Jehovah you are my song!

November 12, 2002

I love the Lord, he heard my cry...

No comments:

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008